The Way
Welcome!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Way
Welcome!
The Way
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are your college plans?

2 posters

Go down

What are your college plans? Empty What are your college plans?

Post  AndrewA Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:46 pm

Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money." Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that." James 4:13-15

Let's pray for each other that God would show us what he has planned for after high school!!!

If it's God's will I will attend HBU for Biblical Languages (Greek and Hebrew). I just hope God provides the money, because it is an expensive school and I know it would not be wise for me to go in debt. I am still not sure what my calling is for after my education. I know that I want to help reach the unreached in India, but I don't know what my part would be. Praise God for what He has shown me thus far.

Anybody else?
AndrewA
AndrewA

Back to top Go down

What are your college plans? Empty Re: What are your college plans?

Post  Christian Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:21 pm

Well, as sad as it is, I still don't know exactly what God's plans are for me. As of now for college, it's either HBU or San Jac. I know that's like a huge difference, but honestly a big drag on my heart is me wanting to just get out of here and start my ministry. But I know I have to be patient, and keep praying before I make any decision.

Honestly, the only reason I want to go to HBU is cause I'd be really well educated, and would probably have alot of opportunities with missions and stuff. But like I said, I still don't know if that's the path that God has willed. If I did go to San Jac, I'd probably get my basics out of the way, and then try and get some sort of teaching thing. I really like the idea of the Teaching English as a Second Language, and it sounds like an awesome way to live in another country. And even if I did end up being called to staying, I could get a degree in teaching English or something.

One other thing that I have a burden on my heart for is the poor and homeless. I really like the sound of just living with them, or even living somewhere where I can invite them to live with me in an open house community, like Shane Claiborne in The Irresistible Revolution.

There is just so much I want to do, and sometimes I feel like I'm just wasting my time. :/ But I know all of this happening right now is all part of God's divine plan, and all of us are destined to bring glory to his name. Please pray for me, for humility and wisdom, and I will keep all of you in my prayers as well.

"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." Galations 6:9
Christian
Christian

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum