The Way
Welcome!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Way
Welcome!
The Way
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mere Christianity

3 posters

Go down

Mere Christianity Empty Mere Christianity

Post  Elizabeth Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:48 pm

Mere Christianity, by C.S. Lewis, is an amazing book that discusses what all Christians believe and why. Lewis, who became a Christian after many years as an atheist, understands the reasons people have for unbelief, and he adresses these issues while eloquently presenting a rational case for Christianity.

A live body is not one that never gets hurt, but one that can to some extent repair itself. In the same way a Christian is not a man who never goes wrong, but a man who is enabled to repent and pick himself up and begin over again after each stumble - because the Christ-life is inside him, repairing him all the time.
-C.S. Lewis
Mere Christianity
Elizabeth
Elizabeth

Back to top Go down

Mere Christianity Empty Mere Christianity Apologetics

Post  AndrewA Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:47 pm

I am trying here to prevent anyone saying the really foolish thing that people often say about Him: 'I'm ready to accept Jesus as a great moral teacher, but I don't accept His claim to be God.' That is the one thing we must not say. A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher. He would be either a lunatic — on a level with the man who says he is a poached egg — or else he would be the Devil of Hell. You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse. You can shut Him up for a fool, you can spit at Him and kill Him as a demon; or you can fall at His feet and call Him Lord and God. But let us not come with any patronising nonsense about His being a great human teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to.

If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world.
AndrewA
AndrewA

Back to top Go down

Mere Christianity Empty Re: Mere Christianity

Post  Joshua Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:23 pm

Anything by Lewis is awesome!

" I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else."
Joshua
Joshua

Back to top Go down

Mere Christianity Empty Re: Mere Christianity

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down