The Way
Welcome!

ESV Study Bible

Go down

ESV Study Bible

Post  AndrewA on Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:13 pm

If I was stuck on a desert island and could only bring one book, I would bring the ESV Study Bible for the following reasons:

1. It's an excellent translation (my favorite). It's word for word (very accurate), but still easy to read.
2. Book introductions and commentaries are written by the top scholars in that particular book. It gives an excellent historical background and also discusses the poetic and linguistic structure of the original text which is often not mentioned in other study bibles such as the NIV Life Application.
3. There are many helpful diagrams and charts that help organize what the author is trying to say. Such as the temple structure in Exodus and the Levitical camps in Numbers.
4. There are several helpful articles in the back of the Bible. Including articles to help understand different styles (epistles, law, prophets), how the Bible came to be and its accuracy, what is Biblical ethics, and how Chirstianity compares to other World religions.
5. It has a helpful concordanance in the very back and cross-references throughout the text.

More info at http://www.esvstudybible.org/

“The ESV Study Bible is the most important resource that has been given to the emerging generation of Bible students and teachers. The ESV Study Bible is the best. Period.”
Mark Driscoll, Preaching Pastor, Mars Hill Church, Seattle, WA; President, Acts 29 Church Planting Network

“Outstanding! The ESV Study Bible is a treasure—a beautiful volume, filled with a wealth of resources. It will be just as useful for the seminarian and long-time pastor as it will be accessible to the brand-new Christian.”
R. Albert Mohler Jr., President, The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, Louisville, KY

“The ESV is a dream come true for me. The rightful heir to a great line of historic translations, it provides the continuity and modern accuracy I longed for. Now the scope and theological faithfulness of the ESV Study Bible study notes is breathtaking. Oh how precious is the written Word of God.”
John Piper, Pastor for Preaching and Vision, Bethlehem Baptist Church, Minneapolis, MN
AndrewA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ESV Study Bible

Post  TRIBES on Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:54 pm

Wonderful resource! It's an excellent Translation (by far the best critical translation ever), and only the best conservative Evangelical scholars back this study bible. Everyone should own one!

TRIBES

View user profile

Back to top Go down