The Way
Welcome!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Way
Welcome!
The Way
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Love Feast

5 posters

Go down

Love Feast Empty Love Feast

Post  Joshua Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:21 pm

In the early church, Christian meetings consisted of alot of things that we are familiar with today. Practices such as the reading of scripture, singing songs, and taking communion. However, one act of worship that was dominant in the first century, but forgotten today, is something that early believers called a love feast. This feast was a meal shared by christian brothers and sisters hoping to strenthgen their bond and spirit of harmony. Unfortunately, this exercise lost its importance in the early years of christianity. It was later practiced during the moravian movement, but was once again forgotten about. Some brothers and I have been talking lately, and we thought it would be a cool idea if we were able to have a feast like this within the next couple weeks. It would be an awesome way for us all of us to grow closer, and to be the body of Jesus Christ. As of right now, we do not have a location for where we could have it, and thats partially why I am posting this, to see if anybody is willing to open up their house to a number of people who want to share a meal centered around the love of Jesus. Preferably, somewhere in La Porte. If anyone has any ideas, or are willing to open up their own home, please reply. Thank you, and God bless!
Joshua
Joshua

Back to top Go down

Love Feast Empty Re: Love Feast

Post  Tyler Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:25 pm

well, we could always have people over. We could have it where everyone brings a dish from their home. i will say, my room isnt the best place for eating, but we have a back porch big enough for people, if it's not too cold. If anyone else has a better place to gather that's fine, i'm just sayin', our doors always open.
Tyler
Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post  Joshua Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:28 pm

yeah, thats what we planned, everyone bring their own dish. outside probably will turn alot of people off though man
Joshua
Joshua

Back to top Go down

Post  AndrewA Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:38 pm

No one's house is probaly big enough. It would have to be somewhere special.

"These are hidden reefs at your love feasts, as they feast with you without fear, shepherds feeding themselves." Jude 12

There is almost no information on love feasts on the web...
AndrewA
AndrewA

Back to top Go down

Post  Joshua Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:50 pm

idk man. It just depends on how many people we actually got. We might only have a small amount of people! I bet we could make a house work!

go to earlychurch.com
Joshua
Joshua

Back to top Go down

Post  AndrewA Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:12 am

Should we have it Friday or Saturday? Anyone want to volunteer their house?
AndrewA
AndrewA

Back to top Go down

Post  Joshua Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:45 pm

I say saturday, but idk where!
Joshua
Joshua

Back to top Go down

Post  kBAIN Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:36 am

i think this is a great idea!!!! food is awesome!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy and we should have it outside like now when the weather is GREAT!
kBAIN
kBAIN

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/krystle.bain?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lorraiinnee Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:45 am

i agree with krystle (sorry if i mispelled your name) its nice outside and plus if you want to go back to the old traditions i bet it was on a porch like setting, and why not at sylvan beach? that small gazeo thing could handle a small group and we can make sand castles Smile i dont know just a thought.
lorraiinnee
lorraiinnee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down